Monday, January 25, 2010

Photos: Week 28


Islands From the Sky. Looking out over the San Juans on the flight back to Bellingham.


Ships. A collection of marine artwork in our entryway appropriate for our island life!


Chipping! We finally rented a chipper for the seven piles of brush we cut over the last six months. It was fun to see such huge mountains reduced in minutes to little hills of chips.


Fog in the Trees. My new favorite photo--morning fog filtering through the trees on the hill behind our house.


Donut Fender. The humorously named device against which the ferry bumps when docking if it veers a little too far north or south.


Hidden Point. More fog obscures the point south of our house.


My Christmas Present! My favorite gift this year, from my boyfriend.

2 comments:

Lloyd Davies said...

Ooo, so unusual and beautiful.But how did you take the photo?

Sophia said...

I just took the photo in the mirror, using the close-up setting on my camera!