Monday, June 14, 2010

Photos: Week 47


Art Show. The island's one restaurant doubles as an art gallery--here, portraits by the island's 5th and 6th graders in the style of Picasso.


Streak of Color. The second rectangular rainbow I've seen on the island!


Mossy Bricks. Moss loves the pacific northwest, and has crept between every one of the bricks lining the path by our house.


Horsetail Surprise. A few weeks ago, this pipe was sticking out of a pile of sawdust, with only the fern and trees in the background for greenery!


A Lovely Day for a Sail. A maroon sail passes in front of our house on a blustery day.


New Camera! I have a new (albeit used) camera with a much better zoom than my old one, resulting in the sharpest Mount Baker photo I've ever taken!


Island Handicrafts. An islander makes these baskets from dried kelp and driftwood she finds on the beach. I bought one of the tiny palm-sized baskets in the front!

1 comment:

April McCoy said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the art show pics! I can't wait till Gavin starts drawing and doing art and I will totally frame it and hang it up in our house!

So cute!