Monday, April 18, 2011

Photos: Week 91

The first photos taken with my new camera:



New Life. A delicate bud outside our front door.


Hungry. A hummingbird swinging on our feeder--it was hard to capture this fast-moving critter!


Duck Family. These guys were spotted paddling by our house in the bay.


Good Morning, Sunshine. Gorgeous yellow daffodils against a brilliant blue sky.


After a Spring Storm. This murky green-brown water is caused by the rushing river pushing mud and silt along into the bay.


Blue Upon Blue Upon Blue. Looking north from our beach on a gorgeous day.


Beach Grasses. I liked how delicate the grey-green grasses looked blowing in the wind by the grey morning water.

2 comments:

aprildmccoy said...

As Gavin would say, "want a new camera too!" Lovely new pics! You'll have to let me know how you like it your camera. Eventually, I think we'll be getting another one too. Ours is, in a word, janky!

Kisses!!!

Sophia said...

Thanks, April McCoy! So far, I love the new camera. It's a red (very pretty) Nikon Coolpix, and it has a crazy zoom (which is nice around here for shooting mountains and wildlife) and an LCD screen on hinges so you can get different angles photos (which is how I got the photo of the daffodils). I was thinking of getting an SLR with interchangeable lenses and everything, but realized it would be easier not to have to deal with all those parts while we're in Europe. I definitely recommend the Coolpix for you guys!