Monday, March 1, 2010

Photos: Week 33


Golden Silhouette. Sunrise through the fog illuminates the treetops south of our house.


Totem. A toothy totem on the Lummi Reservation.


Wild Eyed. I discovered my camera has a "Kids and Pets" setting, with fantastically clear results!


Just Resting. A statue downtown that caught my eye mainly because I love how the missing bench arms contribute to the effortlessness of his pose.


Glowing. I am becoming obsessed with the beauty of the fog in the northwest.


2010. I saw my first electric vehicle charging station in the grocery store parking lot the other day (if you are chuckling at this, remember I live on an island with a population well under 1,000!).


Puppy Paradise. The view from an off-leash dog area near a river in town: a barn, clouds, and snow-topped mountains on the horizon.

5 comments:

April McCoy said...

I LOVE the picture of the pups running. It's an awesome shot!

Also like the statue.

Sigh I am up late because we are having Gavin sleep issues. Oh, that boy!

April McCoy said...

I just showed Gavin the picture of the pups and he pointed to the one in the front and said, "dog!"

So cute! Is that one Kulshan or Gypsie by the way?

Sophia said...

I'm glad you like the photos! Yep, it's Kulshan in the front, with his floppy ear and funny tongue. I'll tell Kulshan Gavin says hi. :-)

Too bad about the sleep issues... hope tonight is a better night! Tell that boy to take it easy on his parents.

Mrs. Davies said...

First fog shot is Gorgeous! Seriously, a real prize winner.

Sophia said...

Thanks, Mum! Maybe I'll blow it up and frame it someday. :)