Monday, October 20, 2008

Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival

OVERALL RATING: 2 out of 5 stars.

The incredibly long line of slow moving traffic that surrounded me on Saturday morning on my way to Half Moon Bay suggested that I was in for a real treat. However, the festival was really quite a let-down.

PROS: finding free parking (but only after circling for 10 minutes), pumpkin pie/tarts/lattes/cookies, seeing the enormous pumpkin.

CONS: enormous crowds, a lame parade (involving violently thrown candy that forced me to duck numerous times), kitschy art for sale, inflated prices.

Here's a selection of photos I took.








Final verdict: not worth attending unless you have small children, who will be impressed by the festivities, but will become exhausting quickly, dropping their chocolate ice-cream cone down the hair and back of the nice lady sitting on the ground in front of them (no, luckily, this was not me).

No comments: