Thursday, October 16, 2008

Week 2

It's week 2 of the diet!

This was an odd week. The first half of the week I had absolutely no appetite, and ate very little. The latter half of the week I had some bad sweets cravings, plus I ate out a couple times. The difference in calories is striking! It really makes you cringe to think about how bad restaurant food can be...

Thursday: 960
Friday: 1035
Saturday: 984
Sunday: 1240
Monday: 1665 (craving day)
Tuesday: 2930 (best estimate... ate out and regretted it!)
Wednesday: 2200 (best estimate... ate out!)

When I actually take the time to try to figure out the nutritional content of restaurants that don't post their own info, I realize that eating out even once a week is terrible for a person. But over the last year I've probably eaten meals at restaurants/events 2-3 times a week. Maybe this calorie counting will help remind me to eat nothing but steamed veggies the next time I'm invited to a restaurant!

That said, the coming weekend appears to be full of food dangers. Tomorrow I am attending an event luncheon and having dinner out with a girlfriend. Then I'm spending Saturday at a Pumpkin Festival, where there will be tasty treats all around. We'll see how things go.... I may be spending all next week in the gym making up for it!

No comments: