Monday, October 20, 2008

Lighthouse Hostel

After lingering around the Pumpkin Festival for 5 hours or so, I made my way north to the lighthouse hostel where I planned to spend the night.

I was feeling tired and a little grumpy after the festival, but my first glimpse of the hostel cheered me up instantly.



Isn't it beautiful?!

The lighthouse itself is still working, and very tiny and adorable. Unfortunately, it's not open to visitors. I imagine a hobbit family lives behind that tiny green door and wants their privacy.


The rest of the grounds are lovely as well, especially the private beach.



I spent the night in "The Fog Signal Annex" building.



My room had three bunkbeds (I got a bottom bunk, thank goodness). There were five other ladies there, who were all quite nice. They invited me to dinner with them, but I didn't really feel like socializing. Instead, I went on a hike along the cliffside--see pictures in next post.

No comments: