Monday, May 31, 2010

Photos: Week 45


Feeling Blue. Actually, it's hard to feel blue with a view like this.


Bloomin' Rhodies. We have bold white/pink, red, and purple blossoms all around the house, but these delicate pink/yellow ones are my favorite.


Fruity. We planted 6 apple trees! The dogs seem to approve.


Purple Pillar. The beautiful bud of an iris waiting for sun in our backyard.


Health Hazard. On the rare occasion that the dogs are invited upstairs, they love to watch us like this, but don't worry: the bars are too close for them to fall through and too far apart for heads to get stuck!


Working on the Ferry is a Tough Job. The view to the south on a silvery blue day.


Dogwood Blossoms. I never realized that dogwoods blossomed--I like how the petals are framed with this interesting red hue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you forgotten about our dogwood in the front yard? Lots of blossoms in April, then snow petals all over the walk. And the one in Philip's yard has pink ones.

April McCoy said...

Ooh, the dogwood blossoms are so cute! I also didn't know that dogwoods blossomed.

The pooches are also amazing cute on the stairs. They look so willing to play!

Can't wait to see you in just a few days!!!!

xoxo,
April

Sophia said...

Mom, actually my caption on the photo was poorly written, because I thought this was something different than regular dogwood blossoms: maybe new leaves growing, because of the green color of the petals, rather than white or pink. I definitely remember our and Phillip's dogwoods blooming, because I think Phillip's was part white/part pink, and I was always jealous!